Monday 25 October 2010

Alam na!!!


Every Sunday noon after going to church, my older brother's family would go to our house to have lunch (I live with my mom and younger brother). It is our opportunity to catch up with what's going on with each other's lives. I also get to see my hyper-active, maldita niece (nagmana sa tita, wehehe).

After lunch, most of us would either watch the noontime variety shows or movies on DVD. My younger brother would usually continue playing with RPGs on his PC. This is lazy time with the family, we would just do whatever pops into mind, no planned activities whatsoever.

Just a few Sundays ago, my older brother bought some peach mango pie from Jollibee, which comes with a free newspaper. So aside from the TV and movie, we were also busy reading and passing around the newspaper.

A few days before that, I remember a friend retweeting Adel Tamano's post that he was coming out with an article on homophobia. I thought it would be an interesting read, so I was browsing through the different sections of the papers looking for Adel's column (syempre, pasimple pa, kasi baka mabasa ng la familia yung title ng article).

So I finally found Adel's article and was casually reading it (kahit napapangiti ako sa 1st paragraph nung article). And then my kuya suddenly stands up and passes by my side looking at what I was reading, and then he blurts out "O bakit mo yan binabasa? Baka ma-offend ka." ("Why are you reading that? You might get offended).

Waaahhhhhh!!!! Alam na ni kuya!!!!

10 comments:

Ryan said...

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Your kuya knowing?

Nimmy said...

ahihi. may gaydar si kuya.

ano sagot mo kay brother?

london boy said...

@ryan it's a good thing :) it makes coming out (officially) to the rest of the family easier.

@nimmy hehe, patay malisya, sabi ko "huh? nabasa ko kasi sa tweet nya to last week". potah, walang sense yung sinabi ko, hahahaha

~Carrie~ said...

hahaha. panalo.

Eternal Wanderer... said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

naiimagine ko lang yung kodak moment sa face mo! :p

london boy said...

@carrie bow!

@ternie dinaan ko na lang sa ganda, bwahahaha

Tristan Tan said...

This made me smile. Trust me, sweetie, our family knows. They're just too polite to say anything. Kudos to your Kuya for doing it so effortlessly.

red the mod said...

I think those closest to us would always know, to some level. And their intimacy with us would be the same reason why they choose to respect our silence about it. :)

bien said...

tarantatious ka sa sagot mo teh. salamat kay adel tamano.

and finally after 3 months.

london boy said...

@tristan @red yeah, i guess hinihintay na lang nila ang official confirmation ko, hehehe. shocked lang talaga ako kay kuya, kasi di mahilig magsalita yun.

@orally hahaha. i love adel more!!!

oo nga, busyness at haggardo kasi sa work, babawi ako sa posts :)

 
Copyright © This Crappy Auditor's Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger template created by Templates Block | Start My Salary
Designed by Santhosh